Managing Director, HEAD of Corporate Sales
Responsible for the sale of Fixed income and Currency products into a portfolio of U.S. Corporate clients and a team of 3 direct reports with allocated clients. Primary objective is to grow the Corporate Sales business within the region through knowledge of the markets and the Bank’s products and services. Collaborate with CRM in the execution of the ambitious growth case by developing knowledge of clients’ needs and delivering the Bank’s capabilities via executed transactions. Establish and extend new client relationships for Corporate Sales by cooperating with CRM and other referral sources.
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ needs and objectives to identify and execute on opportunities in hedging (rates, currencies, pensions and commodities) by providing creative, value-added ideas and solutions based on the identified needs.
- While the Head of Corporate Sales, NA should be responsible individually for a sub-portfolio of clients, she/he allows her/his direct reports to cover their clients independently and develops personnel into more senior roles. Internally, however, the Head of Corporate Sales, NA remains responsible for the achievement of the ambitious revenues targets for the entire Corporate Sales team.
- Maintain existing and build on new strategic partnerships and trusted advisor relationships with Treasury contacts and other key-decision makes within the client group.
- Meet or exceed performance expectations for Corporates Sales revenue goals for client portfolio across a wide range of covered products (rates, currencies, pensions, commodities, investment, structured product solutions and deposits).
- Proactive and entrepreneurial sales approach by developing and marketing product solutions systematically towards the corporate client portfolio based on markets and industry/product developments.
- Ensures all appropriate legal and regulatory requirements are met and fosters a "Compliance Culture" for the individual(s) that he/she supervises.
- Supervise and guide staff; evaluate staff performance and address employee issues; participate in staff hiring, disciplinary activities and employment related decisions.
- Cooperate closely with Client Relationship Management and Trading to achieve cross-sell targets.
- Direct and coordinate execution of transactions in coordination with the bank’s support functions.
- Assist in the development of new processes, systems and procedures to meet changing business requirements.
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as required
- 5 or more years of sales/relationship management experience.
- Series 7, 63 and 24 required.
- Strong client relations skills
- Deep familiarity with financial markets and instruments
- Undergraduate degree in related field, graduate degree preferred