Daily Fund Account Administrator Job in Stamford, Connecticut
Position Name: Daily Fund Accounting Administrator
Location: Stamford, CT
About the Asset Management firm
Asset Management firm is a global private asset management firm managing the assets of its founder, and employees. It focuses primarily on discretionary long/short equity investing and makes significant quantitative and macro investments. The firm is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, and maintains offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York.
About the Function/Department:
We are looking for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated finance, economics and mathematics majors to join our Operations team. If you are interested in joining a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity for you.
The Daily Fund Accounting Department is responsible for the daily reconciliation of all cash balances in Geneva (accounting system) to prime brokers on a T+1 basis. The team is responsible for insuring that all bookings, trade and non-trade related activities are recorded accurately and appropriately in Geneva .
- Daily T+1 reconciliation of assigned accounts. These accounts include equity accounts, futures accounts, actively traded equity swap accounts, OTC and treasury accounts.
- Investigation and resolution of differences between Geneva and prime brokers
- Timely and accurate recording of non-trade related income and expenses in Geneva.
- Daily interaction with and handling inquiries from other Operations departments, the Controller’s team, the Fund Administration team and the Tax team
- Actively participating in the month end close process, insuring that Geneva is accurate for month end reporting
- Agreeing fund with counterparties and creating wire instructions
Candidates will be required to take ownership and accountability over their work product and should have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. In addition, the candidate should be able to take Assuring accurate and timely reconsolidation of assigned OTC accounts.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have the following qualities and experience:
- 1 to 3 years operations/back office experience (ideally at a hedge fund)
- Some knowledge of US markets, Bloomberg and Financial Products
- Some knowledge of corporate actions
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound professional judgment
- Assertive approach to problem resolution
- Strong attention to detail, thorough and organized - a must
- Takes ownership and holds accountability
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Experience with Geneva is helpful but not required
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to excel in a fast paced environment
- Trustworthy with sensitive information
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Office Suite
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Mathematics or related discipline.