Financial Control Accountant - Middle Office
The role sits within the Global Financial Control team within the Group Finance function. This group is specifically responsible for ensuring books and records are correct and that good control processes are in place for trading businesses within the Corporate Banking & Services division through overseeing daily, monthly and quarterly controls over financial information.
– Responsible for the key financial controls that support the closure of the firm’s books at each month end.
– Establish and implement procedures to monitor, measure and improve product performance against SLAs, KPIs and KRIs, regularly measuring or receiving output of measurements to demonstrate areas of concern and compliance with standards.
– Partners with strategic projects and initiatives whether these are regulatory or business driven, consistently reviewing the environmental design and operational effectiveness
– Work closely with operational control function to continue to strengthen operational controls globally. Establish and implement KPIs and KRIs across the front to back trade lifecycle in order to ensure that all control gaps are either eliminated or monitored.
– Acts as a point of contact and escalation for engagements with the wider Finance community, taking part in key Finance interactions and leveraging the QA and Validation & Control framework to minimize duplication of effort and maximize efficiencies.
Detailed responsibilities include:
– Management of the global team across all supporting transversals and platform aligned support groups, approximately 70 staff
– Prioritizing resourcing and multiple continuous improvements and strategic change needs
– Standardization of currently diverse production and review processes to establish a best practice control environment and thereby drive out efficiency savings
– Monitoring, testing and review of key internal controls performed by operational and financial services transversals
– Owning regular engagement with the business, business management, finance directors and other core stakeholders
– Leads cross-functional and ad hoc projects including re-engineering of existing processes and workflow and coordination and implementation of Global Standards of Control
The scope of the role is diverse and will suit an individual with a strong control focus and the desire to work in a complex and dynamic environment.
- At least 9 years experience in financial services control based (ie middle office) roles
- Excellent people management skills in terms of team development and retention and sharing information and expertise
- Strong Access & Excel Skills preferred
- Excellent influencing skills both with stakeholders and cross-functional/geographically distributed teams
- Confident individual with strong communication skills
- High degree of control awareness and intellectual curiosity
- Good organizational skills and ability to coordinate activities across a number of different control groups and virtual teams
- A strong understanding of front to back data flows, expected controls and current developments in the regulatory and financial reporting landscape
- Good team player