Relationship Management Associate, Commodities Investment Group
Our client is a large independent commodities manager globally, with investments in seven countries on four continents with billions of dollars in commitments.
They are committed to the delivery of superior, risk-adjusted returns to their clients through the disciplined construction of investment portfolios, the application of industry-leading analytics to investment management, and best-in-class sustainable commodities management. It leverages the extensive global resources of the firm’s entire platform and the deep, local expertise of our their staff to provide clients with exposure to globally diversified investment portfolios while maintaining consistent investment discipline and management controls across their investment footprint.
Our client seeks a Relationship Management (RM) Associate based in NYC, with regular travel to various regions. The RM Associate will proactively support Relationship Management, Portfolio Management and Distribution.
- Intimately understand and utilize accounting/quarterly data for Relationship Management, Portfolio Management and Distribution needs
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations, reports, and other communications for current and potential clients
- Lead in the preparation of responses to “Request for Proposals” and DDQs from both US and ex-US institutional investors
- Assist Relationship Management, Distribution and Portfolio Management staff in the preparation of responses to client information requests, client presentations and the completion of other special projects
- Interaction with all departments – Relationship Management, Accounting, Asset Management, Portfolio Managers, US Distribution, and Research to synthesize activities concerning client requests, presentations, fund strategies, etc
- Key liaison between Relationship Management, Portfolio Management, Distribution, and Reporting
- Responsible for leveraging current client relationships into additional distribution opportunities
- Responsible for providing consistency of work product as it relates to all distribution, PM and client requests
- Responsible for implementing systems to track all client communications, and for ensuring timely follow-up with prospective and current clients
- Responsible for executing on strategic initiatives relative to current and future client relationships
- Assist Portfolio Managers in the preparation of quarterly reports
- With certain clients, join the Portfolio Managers in presenting portfolio updates (growth component, over time)
- Outreach to selected list of prospects to assess their interest in the firm’s commodities offerings
- Assist Portfolio Managers in analyzing portfolios
- Over time, overlap/coordinate with Portfolio Analytics
- Assist in internal committee presentations and documents, as needed
This is a growth role: The successful applicant will play an integral role in the functioning of Relationship Management, Portfolio Management and Distribution teams, and will be offered considerable scope for personal and professional advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, Communications, or a related discipline (some related professional experience helpful but not required)
- 3-5 years in a similar capacity ( Private Equity, Merchant Banking, Relationship Management) with understanding of the commodities space.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent visual communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel knowledge required
- Excellent attention to detail
- A poised and mature demeanor
- Knowledge of investment management preferred, but not required