The Horizon Group
Structured Credit Trader
Work closely with Sales in NY and clients to increase Structured Credit business from Americas, with a particular focus on Latin America
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bring in relevant experience in structuring, trading and managing the risks of complex structured credit trades
- Work closely with the rest of Structured Credit Trading to steer the business in their Americas with the view the grow revenues from this region
- Provide balance sheet and capital optimal structures
- Liaise with Structured Credit Management for new business proposals or for specific trade approvals
- Liaise regularly with Risk Functions to explain the structured credit business and for specific trade approvals
- Responsible for increasing revenues for the business, with a target of $5m - $10m in the first full year of operation
- Support and co-ordinate the team to deal effectively with clients to maximize revenue for the bank within their day to day activities.
- Drive business development.
- Strong analytical background is required. No specific degree mandatory although undergraduate and MBA would be preferred. Series 7 and 63 required
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the structured credit business
- Proven track record of generating revenues in the Americas
- Build and maintain an efficient working relationship within FIC and C&M as well as other areas of the bank in order as is required and consistent with the strategic goals
- Develop technical-, market- and product expertise in a way consistent with the strategic aims of the business and beyond.
- Establish an efficient working relationship with sales, trading and other product areas
- Experience in trading and managing risks in extinguishable cross-currency swaps essential as well as the full product suite for Structured Credit in Americas.