Daily Fund Accounting Administrator
Our client is a global private asset management firm. The firm is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, and maintains offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York.
About the Function/Department:
The Daily Fund Accounting Department is responsible for the daily reconciliation of all cash balances in Geneva (the accounting system) to prime brokers on a T+1 basis. The team is responsible for insuring that all bookings, trade and non-trade related activities are recorded accurately and appropriately in Geneva.
- Daily T+1 reconciliation of assigned accounts. These accounts include equity accounts, futures accounts, actively traded equity swap accounts, OTC and treasury accounts.
- Investigation and resolution of differences between Geneva and prime brokers
- Timely and accurate recording of non-trade related income and expenses in Geneva.
- Daily interaction with and handling inquiries from other Operations departments, the Controller’s team, the Fund Administration team and the Tax team
- Actively participating in the month end close process, insuring that Geneva is accurate for month end reporting
- Agreeing fund with counterparties and creating wire instructions
Candidates will be required to take ownership and accountability over their work product and should have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. In addition, the candidate should be able to take Assuring accurate and timely reconsolidation of assigned OTC accounts.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have the following qualities and experience:
- 0 to 2 years operations/back office experience (ideally at a hedge fund)
- Some knowledge of US markets, Bloomberg and Financial Products
- Some knowledge of corporate actions
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound professional judgment
- Assertive approach to problem resolution
- Strong attention to detail, thorough and organized - a must
- Takes ownership and holds accountability
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Experience with Geneva is helpful but not required
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to excel in a fast paced environment
- Trustworthy with sensitive information
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Office Suite
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Mathematics or related discipline.