Our client is seeking to hire experienced Loan Originators to join its Multifamily lending platform in their Florida, Texas and Washington offices. The firm is a New York based Agency lender and is also a multi-strategy CRE investment platform that directly originates and securitizes senior mortgages, invests in subordinate debt including mezzanine loans, B-Notes and preferred equity, and opportunistically buys CMBS tranches including B-Pieces, performing and distressed whole loans.
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- Salary plus a bespoke commission structure.
- Considerable territorial space to roam and close deals.
- Ability to work 100% remote.
- Fees and referral fees/commissions on many other types of business associated with origination.
JOB SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary focus on originating Agency Loans – Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae loans. Several programs and licenses are in place.
- Responsibility for loan origination and transaction management, including but not limited to preliminary sizing, structuring, and negotiating
- Cross market and source fixed rate conduit loans, floating rate bridge loans, mezzanine loans, and preferred equity and common equity investments
- Work with sizing team to prepare initial deal review summaries and preliminary loan analysis
- Work with sizing team to generate term sheets and loan applications
- Establish strong professional relationships with existing and prospective clients
- Work with other members of the team to successfully underwrite, close, sell and securitize loans
- Assist legal and closing departments with incorporation of business terms into the loan/ancillary documents and post-closing obligations
- Ability to communicate and interact with members of sizing, underwriting, credit, servicing, legal and asset management teams at all stages of the origination and closing process
- Perform site inspections as needed
- Review loan documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
JOB SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong network of broker, borrower and industry contacts with emphasis on agency lending programs
- Proven track record of deals closed in Multifamily transactions
- Recent experience originating loans for Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae SBL and conventional execution
- Bank balance sheet for Multifamily lending
- 10+ years of experience in the real estate finance industry
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, real estate, or related discipline preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Reis, and CoStar a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong valuation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated worker with the ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic, team setting as well as independently
- Extensive travel required