Job Title: Corporate Compliance Consultant
Duration: 6 months
To ensure ongoing compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules, standards and industry “best practices” as they pertain to all Corporate Compliance matters (i.e., those unrelated to the Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”), Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), USA PATRIOT Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control (“OFAC”) and other such laws/regulations).
- Manages the overall Corporate Compliance Program to ensure that it meets minimum regulatory requirements.
- Conducts Compliance Risk Assessments (“CRA’s”) to determine the level of risk exposure, assess the effectiveness of the compliance control environment, and determine if any corrective actions are necessary.
- Develops, implements and maintains relevant policies, procedures and processes designed to ensure the ongoing compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Administers the Compliance Training Program with respect to Corporate Compliance to ensure that all relevant employees are appropriately aware of the applicable laws/regulations and policies, procedures and processes.
- Monitors the regulatory environment to identify new laws/regulations (or changes to existing laws/regulations), as well as determines the applicability and impact to the bank, and develops appropriate plans of action (e.g., development and/or revision of policies, procedures, processes, training, etc.) to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Responds to requests for information from Internal Audit (“IA”) and/or regulators as they pertain to the conduct of audit reviews and/or regulatory examinations with respect to Corporate Compliance, as well as other inquiries which may arise.
- Responds to observations and recommendations made by IA and/or regulators within Audit Reports and/or Reports of Examination (“ROE’s”), respectively, as well as develops corresponding corrective action plans which are designed to satisfactorily address the issues noted as they pertain to Corporate Compliance matters.
- Maintains the Compliance Action Plan (“CAP”) to ensure that corrective actions with respect to Corporate Compliance issues are appropriately monitored for completion and that status is reported to management on an ongoing basis.
- Performs ongoing Quality Assurance (“QA”) reviews of compliance procedures and control processes for the Corporate Compliance Program which are performed by departments other than the Compliance Department (e.g., Operations, IT, etc.).
- Performs ongoing Quality Assurance (“QA”) reviews of compliance procedures and control processes for the BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance Program as performed by the BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance Officer and/or Compliance Analyst (surveillance).
- Bachelors degree required, with a masters degree (i.e., JD, MBA, etc.) preferred.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (“CAMS”) certification preferred.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant compliance experience at a domestic U.S. bank or Foreign Banking Organization (“FBO”) required, with prior regulatory experience (e.g., FRBNY, NYSDFS, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent analytical ability and ability to research, interpret and evaluate laws, regulations, rules, standards and industry “best practices”.
- Well-organized, efficient and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in an effective manner.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment, and ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, as well as, U.S. laws and regulations, including (but not limited to) the Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”), Money Laundering Control Act, USA PATRIOT Act and applicable financial sanctions (i.e., OFAC) laws and regulations.
- Satisfactorily complete mandatory Branch-wide and job specific BSA/AML and financial sanctions (i.e., OFAC) training within required timeframes.