Project Management - Senior Business Project Manager:
The Horizon Group has a great consulting job for a senior business project manager to work in an international bank in New York City. This assignment runs for 6 months. If you are interested in this consultant job, please apply online and one of our recruiters will contact you to see if you are a good fit.
Senior Business Project Manager job description:
Role is for a Change Manager to guide and direct initiatives to ensure that the bank's Market Risk Management is compliant with the regulations. This will include, but is not limited to, the following areas:
• Market Risk Models including VaR/sVaR/IRC,SSFA and specific risk models
• Backtesting and Validation of market risk models
• Comprehensive Stress Testing
• RWA calculation and reporting
- Involvement in and support for the analysis of requirements for market risk implementation of US Basel III covering various areas of the Front-to-Back process.
- Business analysis for key deliverables – this may relate to process improvements, system architecture implementation, control/audit remediation planning and implementation
- Ensure engagement and coordination of functional requirements across MRM (risk managers, quantitative model review group, methodology group etc) and other key partners of MRM (Front Office, Operations, Finance etc).
- Support the user testing and project roll out for MRM users as required.
- Communicate project status update to management and stakeholders and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Use of standard project management tools and techniques to maintain visibility and on-time delivery projects
- Preparation of briefing documents as needed for discussions with/presentations to senior stakeholders
- Represent the MRM function in program initiatives as necessary.
The above will be successfully delivered through a high degree of fact finding and analysis then proposing solutions to a variety of stakeholders, both inside and outside of the department.
- Excellent understanding of regulations pertaining to Basel 3
- Previous experience in a risk management, risk reporting function or financial services consulting function
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of risk management techniques (VaR, Stress Testing, Greeks)
- Proven track record as a business analyst
- Strong problem identification skills coupled with an analytical approach to proposing solutions
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team and liaise effectively at all levels of the business
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good understanding of investment banking front-to-back processes preferable
- PRINCE2 or PMI qualification highly advantageous
- Quantitative or technical degree