The Horizon Group
JOB TITLE: Commodities Relationship Manager – Agricultural
The Horizon Group is searching for a commodities relationship manager with a focus on agriculture for one of our international banking clients located in New York, NY.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage client relationships with the energy, metals, transportation and agricultural- related clients for global energy, agriculture, metals traders, merchants, processors and producers in order to facilitate the clients
- Draft, negotiate and review legal terms and documents to support the structuring of domestic, Latin American and cross-border commodity
- Develop and manage the portfolio utilizing analysis of the markets in the
- Ensure that clients are performing in accordance with internal and external rules and regulations.
- Analyze accounting reports and legal documents in relation to borrowers, their market positions, their commercial operations, and their ability to meet financial commitments in the
- Track overdue covenants, assess credit risk, create credit proposals and analyze financial reports while maintaining focus on banking and finance laws and
- Monitor and analyze market trends, legal and banking law changes, and industry developments to assess and steer the growth of the organization’s commodities business in the United
- Draft credit applications and reviews and ensure that all commodities applications are processed efficiently through appropriate channels in the United States and
- Manage approval of credit applications, prepare credit offers and discuss terms and conditions with clients and external financial
- Interact and collaborate with internal commodities professionals in order to provide collaborative support on commodity-based
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Law or related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-6 years of experience (depending on level) drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal terms and documents to support the structuring of domestic, Latin American and cross-border commodity transactions on behalf of a global financial services
- Prior experience must include assessing credit risk, creating credit proposals and analyzing financial reports to ensure compliance with banking and finance laws and regulations.