Surveillance Manager Job – Investment Bank
Surveillance Manager Job Description:
The Bank’s Residential Mortgage Group is looking for a Surveillance Manager to participate in the surveillance of their residential mortgage loan portfolios.
– Assisting the Residential Mortgage Trading Group and the rest of the Structured Finance group in a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
– Monitor all repurchase activity.
– Enforce all contractual covenants including premium recapture and early payment default.
– Monitor performance of principal transactions including default, prepayment speeds, loss and loss severity statistics. Track performance of residual positions.
– Work directly with servicers, trustees, attorneys and credit risk managers on deal and performance related issues.
– Track poor performing loans to provide feedback for front end due diligence.
– Perform originator and servicer operational reviews to gauge the performance of the servicers.Minimum
– Undergraduate Degree
– A minimum of three to five years surveillance and/or servicing experience.
– Understanding of various whole loan, servicing and securitization documents.
– Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance.
– Familiar with Loan Performance, various subprime servicers, trustees, and credit risk managers.
– Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
– Knowledge of federal, state and local predatory lending laws and the impact on mortgages a plus
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Strong PC skills.
– Proficient in Excel and database tools