Senior Trade Product Manager Job – Trade Finance – NYC
Transaction Banking (TB) provides a diverse range of products and services to customers of Commercial Banking. The customers in these market segments are demanding and expect a significant level of expertise from the business.
An opportunity currently exists within the bank’s trade team. The successful candidate will help drive and implement the global trade strategy, encompassing both physical and electronic.
The purpose of the Senior Trade Product Manager is to define the vision and the strategic direction, and own the full end to end process, of a complex product or product portfolio, that meets customers’ needs. Candidate will be a recognized senior trade subject matter expert with a strong appreciation and understanding of structuring trade transactions and the relevant risk aspects associated with the trade business.
– To represent the interests of trade product management in North America.
-To ensure that the bank’s interests are properly supported and represented within the trade product plans.
– Act as a senior source of professional expertise and have principal accountability for the strategic direction and implementation of the trade portfolio of products ensuring that they are fit for purpose and distributed and delivered properly to customers. This includes responsibility for product excellence for the end to end process and product management and development.
– Own and be accountable for the revenue and cost drivers and the product performance for trade in North America.
– Determine pricing, sales and marketing strategies, ensuring that benefits in terms of customer satisfaction and financial targets are realized.
– Deliver initiatives with partners and stakeholders that continuously improve products and processes, achieving product excellence for the bank’s customers.
– In conjunction with the Trade Product Managers, devise, own and implement product plans for North America, taking into account industry and economic information, market intelligence, customer/sector behaviour, emerging technology and regulatory requirements.
– Lead robust business cases through product governance that seek funding to support the development and execution of the product plans.
– Build strong relationships with key and diverse stakeholders to manage their multiple needs and to ensure the delivery of customer solutions. Support customer pipeline development
– Provide deal review and structuring expertise to ensure that new transactions are operationally workable, consistent with Transaction Banking strategy and acceptable from a risk and return perspective.
– Review, evaluate and manage risks, to ensure adherence to the bank’s risk framework and wider industry regulations.
– Represent the business at decision making forums internally and externally.
Critical Knowledge and Skills:
– Broad knowledge of Trade Products
– Broad knowledge of the Trade Finance risks and related
– Broad awareness of market trends and industry developments and the ability to interpret these within their product market plans to drive changes and developments
– Broad understanding of all trade products and a well-developed appreciation of how their product set interrelates with different customer needs and buying criteria
– Broad understanding of market and environmental drivers of product sets
– Comprehensive understanding of industry standards e.g. relevant ICC rules and SWIFT
– Strong interpersonal skills and good team player
– Resourceful, resilient, creative, collaborative
– Process and project management techniques
– Advanced presentation and negotiation skills
– Ability to initiate, influence and lead change
– Strategic mindset – ability to think laterally, be innovative and find creative solutions
– Fluent in English with high level oral and written communication skills
– Ability to explain a complex concept concisely and fully – both verbally & literally
– High level of numeracy
Education and Experience Required:
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Experience in similar Trade environment
– Experience in turning strategic concepts into defined business outcomes
– Fostering and influencing senior stakeholder relationships with necessary departments and stakeholders responsible for delivering the product proposition (both internal and external)
– Be able to recognize and make recommendations based on existing or expected market trends
– Credit/Risk experience
– Structuring of Trade facilities
– Previous product management role
– Previous project management role
– Domestic and /or International products and other banking products related