Senior Auditor – Midtown NYC Bank
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Group Audit US provides management with professional and independent assurance to support the achievement of objectives. Our role involves the evaluation of the effectiveness of Governance, Risk Management and Control processes, and recommending solutions for optimizing them. Headquartered in New York, Group Audit US has primary audit responsibility for all activities in the United States. The audit approach follows practices prescribed by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
Under the direction of the Head of Group Audit US, the Auditor will perform the following general duties:
- Plan and execute audit assignments in accordance with Group Audit methodology and audit tools. The Auditor is to have a strong understanding of relevant risks and control processes in a bank or broker/dealer institution.
- Audit results are expected to be based on a combination of qualitative and substantive (testing) fieldwork. Through the course of fieldwork, the Auditor is to identify control deficiencies and practical solutions as part of delivering a high quality work product.
- Proficiently use the department’s audit tools in planning and execution of audit assignments.
- Periodically meet with management to monitor the initiatives, developments or challenges within the firm (i.e., continuous business monitoring).
- Prepare written audit results developed from audit assignments or continuous business monitoring work. Professional writing is to consist of first-rate grammar with sufficient clarity for the executive reader.
- Monitor the progress and provide management with guidance toward the sustainable closure of audit findings.
- Maintain professional and constructive relationships with management (i.e., first and second lines of defense).
Group Audit provides assurance regarding the achievement of:
- Effective, efficient and secure business operations;
- Safeguarding of entrusted and owned assets;
- Reliability of operational and financial data and reporting; and
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations; including internal policies and procedures.
Group Audit’s assessments include the proper design, existence and operational effectiveness of:
- Governance processes and principles such as strategy and objective setting, accountability,
- Integrity (ethics and values), transparency and adequate competencies;
- Risk appetite setting and monitoring, risk identification and risk assessment processes and proper responses to potential impairments; and
- Control processes as part of risk mitigation.
Education and Experience
- Relevant audit experience in Corporate Banking, Global Markets and/or Clearing would be considered a strong plus.
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills to clearly articulate issues to a wide audience.
- Knowledge of Computer-Assisted Audit Tools/Techniques (CAATTs)
- Team player with demonstrated track record in self-initiative and time management.
- Undergraduate degree in Business (preferably Finance).
- 5+ years of relevant Audit experience, with a focus on a bank or broker/dealer environment
- Proactive team player to elevate Audit’s presence.
- Focused and self-motivated performer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.