Senior Accounting Specialist – Regulatory
Description of Senior Accounting Specialist – Regulatory job:
An International Bank located in midtown NYC is seeking a Senior Accounting Specialist to handle Management and Regulatory reporting for their local NY Branch.
Candidates should have at least 5 years experience in a International Banking environment with exposure to the specific experience mentioned in the job description to be considered.
- Drive the set-up and fulfillment of the accounting, tax, regulatory reporting and controlling functions for the New York branch in cooperation with the headquarter based in Europe.
- Lead the preparation of financial statements and management reporting for the bank and its affiliates on a monthly basis
- Budget and forecast balance sheet and income statement figures yearly
- Supervise account reconciliation on a regular basis
- Monitor asset defaults and perform all required communication with headquarter related to them
- Provide tax advisor with all data requested
- Support external and internal auditors with respect to their audits
- Prepare US regulatory reporting submissions on a regular and ad-hoc basis as requested by authorities
- As required, participate in projects concerning the further development of accounting, tax, regulatory reporting and controlling
Desired Skills & Experience:
- University degree in economics or equivalent
- Several relevant years of experience in the field of accounting, tax or regulatory reporting in a financial institution or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of U.S. GAAP or IFRS accounting standards and US regulatory reporting requirements
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly and convincingly present results in English
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Passed Uniform CPA Examination preferred
- Knowledge of the US commercial real estate market preferred
- Experience with SAP (FI+CML) and ACBS preferred