Sell-Side Non Agency Trader Job
Regional Bank with robust offices in NYC has a position available for a non-agency trader for their mortgage franchise.
Management and trading desk is domiciled in NY, as well as a fair percentage of the sales force. In addition to the dedicated sales force for the distribution of secondary bonds, there are additional salespeople making contribution in structured products throughout the bank’s system.
- Trade Non-agency mortgage bonds focusing alt-a, fix and hybrid securities across the capital structure.
- Identify relative value trades and prudently utilize balance sheet considering exit strategies for bonds purchased.
- Successfully satisfy client axes.
- Be called upon to structure, and close re-REMIC transactions.
- Provide guidance to the sales force on how value securities; identify trends and assist in directing others by raising the level of intelligence of those around you.
- Present experience in a similar capacity for an institution.
- Experience and training in structuring.
- Experienced and successful in the trading of non- agency bonds.
- Comfort with risk-taking in a market-making environment.
- Knowledge and functional use of Intex, and excel.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Salary plus directly linked performance based incentives