Sales Director – Cash Management and Payments – Transaction Banking Job
The Horizon Group is looking for a Sales Director – Transaction Banking – Cash Management and Payments for an international bank. The successful candidate will help drive and implement the CM&P strategy to be the UK’s primary clearing and Treasury Bank for multi-national Corporates with significant presence in the UK and financial institutions.
The candidate will be the CM&P Business Development Officer in the USA working with the local RD / RM population to identify and qualify opportunities with US headquartered multinationals and FI’s with significant UK operations.
Education and Experience Required
– A financial professional with proven track record in working with clients managing the regional or global treasury functions of complex multinational organizations.
– Extensive Treasury experience in a fast paced global environment
– Proven track-record of decision making, consultative services and enterprise-wide leader in establishing strategy and solutions related to cash and liquidity management, and broadly across the working capital cycle.
– Proven Skills in assessing and responding to strategic and tactical challenges in the Treasury realm.
– Candidate must also be able to professionally engage with and cultivate/ maintain relationships with external constituents, including clients, suppliers and senior executives from client companies.
– Proven ability to identify and resolve financial control issues and process inefficiencies related to operational cash flows.
– Knowledge of legal and other risks associated with managing Treasury operations in an internal environment.
– 5+ years of professional Transaction Banking experience
– 5+ years successfully managing strategic and tactical concerns (as listed above) within the Treasury function of a major corporation
– Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred)
– Experience in a similar business development role
– Broad knowledge of international cash management Products
– Broad awareness of market trends and industry developments and the ability to interpret these within their product set to drive changes and developments and build client solutions
– Experience participating in client-facing activities
– Experience interacting with Senior/ Executive Level business professionals
– Fostering and influencing senior stakeholder relationships with necessary departments and stakeholders responsible for delivering the product proposition (both internal and external)
– The Business Development Officer (IBDO) is a multi-regional subject matter expert who provides end to end consulting for international liquidity, payments, receipts and working capital needs.
– The BDO will work alongside the US Corporate and FI Banker and actively participates in Commercial Banking Industry specific portfolio reviews and assesses opportunities with US multinationals with operations in the UK and across the Euro (SEPA) zone.
– The BDO consolidates and qualifies client needs and drives/leads the solution design, working closely with the UK based CM&P sales team.
– A key role for the IBDO is the assisting with coordination across the platform to achieve optimization and transparency for clients and prospects by leveraging the consultant role to interface with client and Bank business partners to drive complex multi-regional deal coordination.
– Sourcing and leading of new international CM&P / working capital revenue opportunities to Bank teams
– Provide deal review and structuring expertise to ensure that new transactions are operationally workable, consistent with Transaction Banking strategy and acceptable from a risk and return perspective
– Build strong relationships with key and diverse stakeholders to manage their multiple needs and to ensure the delivery of customer solutions.
Critical Knowledge and Skills
– Treasury consulting experience including acquisition integration, new product/ business operational cash flow consulting and request for proposal
– Knowledge of Bank Treasury products and services
– Cert ICM/ MCT or AFP certified