Risk & Control Manager Job
Duties and Responsibilities:
Control Manager will work on a variety of control initiatives that span across different areas and products.
- New business integration.
- Establishment and enhancement of QA Processes (working with the Service Centers) to improve the effectiveness of internal controls and processes (e.g. Trader Daily Risk and P&L sign-off and Balance Sheet substantiation).
- Participate in /or lead key control projects (as required) to re-engineer existing processes or assume new processes, as appropriate, to facilitate the most efficient operating environment.
- Finalizing implementation of the ToBI (Trade to Book Initiative) KRI’s.
Framework and design of controls –
- Expert advice on key control principles, control MIS, SOX control management and testing.
- Independent and timely assessment of the risk and control environment in collaboration with the product aligned control teams.
- Challenge to the adequacy of the control environment based on output from control metrics and monitoring.
- Product and process aligned risk assessments, challenging key assumptions, highlighting key risk issues and themes, and assisting in identification of solutions that help mitigate risk.
Ongoing monitoring and reporting –
- Work with the Service Centers in monitoring the effectiveness of internal controls and processes, setting standards and requirements regarding quality assurance review, testing and re-performance.
- Assist in preparation and review of monthly control reports and refinement of key risk indicators.
Key requirements of this role will include:
- Ability to multi-task, challenge key stakeholders and deliver within set timelines.
- Actively contribute to the development and definition of the control policy and standards framework.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external control partners e.g. internal and external audit, Group ORM, regulators, as well as business lines.
- Promoting a control culture across company that fosters accountability for all staff.
- Developing a strong working knowledge of the products and control processes that the company oversees, and establishing self as a recognized subject matter expert.
- Developing and mentoring junior team members to ensure that knowledge is shared across the team, and openly communicating across the global team to foster an inclusive team environment
Professional and Personal Qualifications:
This is a hands-on role where the candidate will be expected to participate in all aspects of control and be actively involved in all key discussions & steps in the decision making process.
The candidate should demonstrate –
- Strong analytical skills and interpretation of data with the ability to utilize different techniques to resolve problems and effectively articulate issues to senior management.
- An outgoing, confident & articulate candidate who has a strong understanding of risk & control. A good understanding of investment banking products traded & associated accounting would be preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate should be comfortable dealing with staff at all level of the organization, especially senior management.
- Ability to work in a team environment across different locations & regions to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Excellent awareness of Operational risk & control and process analysis experience.
- Proven self starter with a track record of deliver who shows ability to influence, attention to detail, meets deadlines and is a team player
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly & have confidence to work through unfamiliar processes.
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Good time management skills – ability to work on multiple streams of work where required.
- Minimum: Degree, or equivalent technical experience, with at least 7 years experience in financial services.
- Background in Accounting /Finance recommended.
- Excellent computer skills including practical use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.