Relationship Manager – Energy Investment Bank
Relationship Manager Job Description:
Our client is seeking a qualified individual in its Energy Group within the Investment Banking Division in New York, NY to function in a supervisory role and interact directly with corporate and institutional clients. The successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in the E&P or the Oil Services sector and must have a thorough understanding of corporate finance techniques, alternatives, valuation methodologies and applications and be highly articulate with excellent presentation, negotiation and communication skills. Further, the candidate must have relevant M&A and capital markets execution deal experience.
– Design and supervise the development of an analytical framework, capital markets and financial analyses, and corporate presentations evaluating a variety of capital markets opportunities across the capital structure.
– Participate in the origination and execution of capital markets transactions.
– Review and assist in the preparation of transaction documentation.
– Attend client meetings, present materials and develop relationships with corporate and institutional clients.
– Responsible for regular communication with corporate management teams and the institutional community.
– Manage, mentor and develop Analysts and Associates in financial modeling, due diligence, and preparation of offering materials and documents.
– Minimum of five years Energy experience, of which at least three years, within the E&P or Oil Service sector.
– In-depth knowledge of structuring transactions across the capital structure.
– An understanding of and previous exposure to public and private capital raising processes, including: transaction and client management, regulatory requirements, business due diligence and transaction documentation.
– Experience in leading and coordinating a team of financial professionals, conducting capital markets and financial analyses, participating in origination and execution activities and communicating regularly with corporate and institutional clients.
– Ability to manage expectations of senior bankers and clients while working on simultaneous projects.
– Strong accounting and financial statement analysis skills with attention to detail.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts.
– Unparalleled work ethic.