The Horizon Group
US Equities Operations Associate - Stamford, CT
Position Name: US Equities Operations Associate
My client is a global private asset management firm. The firm is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the position in the Equity Operations group would involve:
- Resolve all trade discrepancies (equities, options and actively traded equity swaps) before the market open
- Reconcile all positions to Prime Brokers before the market open
- Coordinate with Portfolio Managers/traders and external counterparties (Prime Brokers, Trading, Sales, Settlements, Client Service, Risk, Treasury, Legal and Compliance) to resolve issues timely and accurately
- Process and review all voluntary and mandatory corporate actions; liaising with Prime Brokers and the firm’s Traders and PMs on position implications.
- Middle Office Trade Support - Dealing directly with traders relating to trade bookings, trade verification, corporate actions and PNL
- Participate in testing and provide suggestions for technology enhancements to create efficiencies and strengthen controls.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1-3 years middle office experience at a premier financial institution or hedge fund
- Strong working knowledge of US equity markets (including options), corporate actions and Bloomberg
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet daily deadlines and objectives
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and strong decision making skills are a must
- The candidate must maintain a sense of urgency and take a proactive approach to all responsibilities
- Proficient in Excel including experience working with pivot tables, macros and other financial formulas
Education: Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Math or related discipline.