Transaction Banking provides core banking products and services for corporate and FI customers. This includes the channel and account offerings for the delivery of cash management, such as liquidity; pooling and sweeping; payments and receivables in sterling and currency; bank and agency solutions; trade and supply chain finance; card issuance, and merchant services.
This is a Transaction Banking role, focused on driving the development of Trade and Supply Chain Finance within the Natural Resources segment. This role will develop and deliver the Trade and Supply Chain Finance strategy for Natural Resources clients in North America.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Develop and deliver sales and secure strategic internal support from stakeholders, in order to identify and satisfy customer needs and to achieve revenue and asset growth/asset quality targets.
- Meeting risk and profitability requirements and deliver targeted growth in Trade and Supply Chain Finance business
- Proactively manage trade relationships within the portfolio of existing and agreed target clients in order to develop structure and review proposals that meet customer requirements. Recognize opportunities to develop further income and economic profit, recommending and implementing the appropriate solutions meeting risk and product profitability requirements in alignment with North America Relationship strategy.
- Prepare Trade Cycle Analysis papers (TCAs) and provide input to credit applications in conjunction with Relationship Teams, aligned with defined strategy and engage with colleagues in product, sales support and risk as appropriate.
- Develop, implement and execute TB Account Planning, client sales and trade relationship calling plans.
- Act as client point of contact for all transactions for customers in North America, with the ability to discus technical and operational aspects of transactions.
- Identify product gaps or new product opportunities to influence the development of key new product service initiatives and more cost effective delivery channels.
- Ensure customer treatment and other regulatory requirements are met and are compliant with the regulatory policy in order to protect and enhance the bank's reputation.
- Engage with internal stakeholders and related product partners.
- Support the active management of the trade portfolio as required.
Knowledge & Experience:
- In-depth understanding of Trade and Supply Chain Finance products and sound understanding of the broad range of Transaction Banking products.
- Proven record of technical understanding of Trade and Supply Chain products.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a trade sales capacity.
- Demonstrable success in Trade Sales and Business Development, including in North America.
- Deep knowledge of risk profile and regulatory treatment of Trade and Supply Chain and associated risk and portfolio management practices.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and understanding of UCP 600, URC, and other sets of rules applied to Trade Finance instruments.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with Natural Resources Clients