The Horizon Group
Senior Rates Operations Analyst Job
- Provide middle and back office support for the following product types: US Gov’t fixed income, Exchange Traded/OTC derivatives, FX and Repos
- Assist with the daily break resolution of cash, trade, position and market value exceptions with our Traders, Executing/Clearing Brokers and Fund Administrator
- Monitor trades for OTC Clearing and research & resolve breaks preventing clearing or affirmation in Markitwire/MarkitTradeManager
- Manage and organize daily workload through assigned tasks and/or email communication. Shadow team members to learn new/additional tasks.
- Distribute daily trade recaps to executing broker contacts to ensure trade economic and delivery details are formally confirmed by our counterparties prior to scheduled settlement
- Creation of newly traded instruments and ticket bookings across front and back office systems.
- Manage daily cash event generation within portfolio management system in parallel with cash payment confirmation with executing and clearing brokers.
- Assist on coordinating month end independent price verification process for our Administrator’s NAV tie out process.
- Conduct ad hoc statistical analysis on trades for presentations, reporting or request by other business areas
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance
- 3+ years of experience preferably working within Operations for either a Fund Administrator, Prime Broker or Hedge Fund
- Product knowledge of US fixed income markets, specifically within the Rates sector, who understands the life cycle of a trade post execution including fund allocations and settlements
- OTC Derivatives - Cleared& bilateral life cycle knowledge including unwinds/novations and buy side responsibilities in Markitwire.
- Team player, motivated self-starter and control focused
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Well organized, detail oriented and possesses the ability to multi-task
- Confident, clear communicator who can face off with both internal and external counterparts whilst working in a high-pressure environment.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel including Vlookups, Pivot tables; Macros/VBA a plus
- MarkitWire/MarkitTrade Manager