Job Title: Senior Payments Manager
Responsible for the efficient and accurate processing of incoming and outgoing payments in a high volume, deadline specific environment. Supervise day-to-day payment workflows primarily in USD and other currencies via the CHIPS, SWIFT, Fedwire and ACH networks. Ensure all payments are effected correctly and in a timely manner according to deadlines and cutoffs, adhere to proper authorizations, four-eye principle, funds control (i.e. balance checking), sanctions monitoring (OFAC), proper execution and efficient workflow. Also perform other various tasks related to money transfer operations as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- General payment processing using Montran GPS payments system. Review and release payments, monitor payment and messaging queues to ensure the completion of daily workflow.
- Supervise the daily dollar clearing workflow to ensure accurate and efficient processing and timely resolution of all customer, bank and interdepartmental problems that arise related to dollar clearing services. Proactively evaluate the quality and efficiency of workflows and recommend changes to enhance service levels where necessary.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Payments Services, supervise 7 total staff which includes guiding staff; evaluating staff performance and addressing employee issues; participating in staff hiring, disciplinary activities and employment related decisions.
- Verify or approve payments as per instructions received from customer accounts.
- Qualify or approve and map incoming CHIPS and Fedwire payments.
- Review authenticity and completeness of manual payment orders.
- Process Inclearing Checks for corporate customers.
- Process incoming and outgoing ACH files for corporate customers.
- Process official check payment instructions in GPS.
- Upload Check 21 files to the FRB and verify check deposit booking entries.
- CHIPS end-of-day procedure.
- Monitor FRB balance at end-of-day and report to Treasury.
- Review, annotate, waive or approve payments for possible OFAC violations using the Prime OFAC system.
- Support mandatory CHIPS and Fedwire contingency testing and annual business recovery tests
- Review and update procedures as required.
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as required.
- 8-10 years experience working in payment operations with supervisory and staff management experience.
- Experience processing payments for correspondent banking customers preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of USD clearing operations along with understanding of settlement systems (e.g. CHIPS, Fedwire).
- Expert working knowledge of US payment formats including CHIPS, Fedwire and SWIFT.
- Ability to work under deadlines and cutoffs.
- Applications: Montran GPS, Prime/FIS, ProfitStars or equivalent experience with similar applications.
- Good organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Good decision making and critical thinking ability.