Securities Analyst, Investment Management
Our client is committed to the delivery of superior, risk-adjusted returns to their clients through the disciplined construction of their investment portfolio, and the application of industry-leading analytics to its work within investment management. The group leverages the extensive global resources of the at-large platform to provide clients with exposure to a globally diversified investment portfolio while maintaining consistent investment discipline and management controls.
They seek a Securities Analyst to join its Investment Team in its New York City office. The Securities Analyst will proactively support the investment program of the group, with a focus on analyzing publicly traded debt and equity securities. Responsibilities will include:
- Deep understanding of the macro and micro factors effecting the investment business globally
- Deep understanding of the related publicly traded universe for both debt and equity securities
- Ability to create, maintain and modify sophisticated, detailed financial models
- Ability to clearly identify, analyze and articulate investment themes
- Assist in the preparation of both internal and external investment presentations
- Interaction with related departments – Accounting, Asset Management, Portfolio Managers, US Distribution, and Research to synthesize activities concerning client requests, presentations, fund strategies, etc.
The successful applicant will play an integral role in the functioning of of the firm’s Distribution and Portfolio Management teams, and will be offered considerable scope for personal and professional advancement.
- Business-related Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years experience in investment management, with some time spent in investment banking or corporate finance as an analyst
- CFA Level 2 or higher
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent visual communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, entrepreneurial spirit
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel knowledge required
- Excellent attention to detail