Relationship Manager – US Corporate Clients – TMT
Technology, Media, Telecommunications Sector
Introduction: Director Level
The US Corporate Client team is focused on the relationship development and management of large US Multi-National Corporations, offering a suite of corporate banking and treasury products across the bank’s international network - with a concentration on Europe;
The targeted US corporate clients are typically investment grade and stock listed US companies, with a revenue base of at least USD 2bn and a considerable activity base in Europe;
The US Corporate Client team is measured on a global revenue basis and does not have or targets international (foreign) corporate clients. The team is pursuing a growth strategy to increase and broaden the revenues from existing clients, as well as from attractive prospects meeting certain size, sector, credit profile and geographical footprint criteria.
The Director will report to the Managing Director/Sector Head of the Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT) sector group.
- Accountable for originating, managing and expanding the overall business relationship with clients assigned by the Technology, Media, Telecommunication (TMT) Sector Head;
- Accountable for increasing and optimizing the overall profitability (revenues, profit) and capital allocation (RSC/TSC) on the designated clients. Supporting the commercial banking strategy, while keeping risk costs low (annual reviews, credit mods etc.);
- The Candidate will have his/her own P&L responsibility, including financial targets and key performance indicators
- Responsible for main contact with the designated client (including visits; calls; information updates), which requires knowledge of the sector and sector trends, knowledge of the bank’s products/solutions;
- Act as strategic and trusted advisor to client at headquarters level; responsible for keeping up-to-date all information on the client in line with requirements of the bank and other stakeholders (e.g. regulators).
- Client acquisition, selection and screening;
- Identify client’s critical business issues and business opportunities based on a good understanding of the client, its business, the sector and the bank’s products;
- Originate products and integrated solutions pitches to clients, in close cooperation with local offices, product specialists and Transaction Services Sales Representative;
- Support product specialists with RFP presentations and other client inquiries;
- Support the bank’s local and product teams in their origination efforts (e.g. facilitate local meetings, assist with presentation materials etc.).
- Responsible for generating relevant Green Light Proposals and preparing; together with Corporate Lending, the Credit Applications, Modifications and Reviews;
- Prepare and/or negotiate – in conjunction with Legal and product departments – deal documentation (e.g. NDA, ISDA, Term Sheet, credit agreement, etc.);
- Provide support to product specialists and/or implementation teams in the execution phase and keep up-to-date with progress benchmarks.
Knowledge & Experience
- Master of Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 8 years in banking preferred, ideally in client relationship or structured lending roles;
- Cross selling experience in areas such as Working Capital Solutions, Corporate Lending, Financial Markets, Payments & Cash Management and Trade Financial Services;
- Proven track record in deal making and client origination, preferably with investment grade corporate clients in the U.S.;
- Good level of transaction and deal team leadership;
- Willingness to complete the Series 79 and 63 exams.
- Origination and pitching skills;
- Customer focus;
- sound business drive;
- Analytical and judgment skills;
- Sound corporate credit risk knowledge;
- Strong communication and literacy skills;
- Strategic thinker – pro-active and imaginative mindset;
- Team player.