Project Management - Senior Business Project Manager:
The Horizon Group has a great consulting job for a senior business project manager to work in an international bank in New York City. This assignment runs for 6 months. If you are interested in this consultant job, please apply online and one of our recruiters will contact you to see if you are a good fit.
Senior Business Project Manager job description:
The role is that of a business analyst focusing on the root cause remediation of issues existing in the Banking / Regulatory infrastructure
- Root cause analysis of legacy issues impacting the Finance/Financial Control infrastructure and process efficiency.
- Driving remediation of root cause issues through structured solution definition and management of business process and/or system changes including documentation, testing, and support.
- Reviewing best in class processes and systems to deliver standard solutions by business and product
- Post graduate and/or professional qualifications
- Accounting qualification
- PMI 2 Certified
- Six Sigma / LEAN Certified
- Proven track record in delivery
- Skilled at problem solving and solution generation through thorough root cause analysis
- Strong team player with the ability to take ownership and deliver independently.
- Motivated self starter with ability to succeed with minimal supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of business process mapping techniques – i.e. LEAN
- Strong data mapping / data analysis skills
- Strong analytical skills - Ability to assimilate information quickly and gain consensus from multiple stakeholders where required.
- Experience of driving change forward and liaising / coordinating with multiple functions
- Attention to accuracy, detail, presentation and timeliness of delivery
- Strong presentation and documentation skills\
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Used to working to tight deadlines and flagging potential problems at an early stage
Investment Banking or Consultancy (min 5yrs)
Financial Control / Product Control / Finance experience (min 5yrs)
Business process mapping experience (min 5yrs)
Detailed understanding of basic accounting concepts: financial statements, reporting, cut-off, accounting principles, reconciliation platforms
Front to back knowledge of investment banking systems and processes – notably detailed understanding of sub-ledger, ledger, regulatory reporting and reconciliation systems.