Operations – Valuation Control and Pricing Analyst
Operations is one of the divisions of the firm that has a diverse set of responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording thousands of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT. Throughout, the operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new business, structures and markets.
Valuation Control/Pricing Analyst will work on the Valuation Operations team within our client’s firm and will support all fund complexes and products. The Valuation Control/Pricing Analyst should have a strong background in operational control and process development. Task will include but not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with the firms valuation policy
- Addressing potential valuation exceptions properly
- Assist in the production of Fund Board valuation reporting
The individual in this role will possess a strong understanding of security valuation practices for mutual funds, hedge funds, UCITS and managed accounts.
• Ensure proper escalation and resolution for exceptions arising in the daily valuation process
• Monitor and ensure delivery on daily process and regular reporting requirements
• Assist in the continued development and testing of proprietary technology platforms supporting valuation control, analysis and reporting
• Monitor, research and respond to inquiries from all business units and clients
• Interact with various third party service providers, such as Fund Administrators and Vendors
• Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred) and a minimum of 3 years’ experience
• Experience working on a team with a broad scope of process responsibilities
• A good understanding of the institutional investment management industry and various investment instruments
• Facility with common corporate technology platforms and applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint and SQL
• Demonstrate success working in a high volume, high intensity environment and an ability to get closure on issues promptly.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Professional maturity, self-confidence, decisiveness, and outstanding business judgment
• Ability to work independently
• Control-minded with strong attention to detail
• Working knowledge of research tools such as Bloomberg to independently gather relevant market data