Operations Security Maintenance Administrator Job - Stamford, CT
Position Name: Operations Security Maintenance Administrator Location: Stamford, CT
Our client is an Asset Management firm headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut
About Operations Security Maintenance:
The Operations Security Maintenance (OSM) department is an area that is intertwined with many different departments at the firm which includes front, middle and back office. The systems they are responsible for are the backbone of the company and are what makes it possible for the company to run as efficiently as possible.
The Operations Security Maintenance department is responsible, but not limited to, the creation of securities, pricing, portfolio activation, account set up, trade flow error resolution, and the overall maintenance of the data integrity of the security master.
Due to the importance around the work that is done by this team we are looking for bright, articulate and motivated professionals. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Security Maintenance is responsible for the account management of the front office platform and the back office books and records. The OSM Analyst responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ownership of Security Master, from setting up securities to maintenance of total firm population inception onward in real-time
- Liaise with front office personnel (also middle office, back office, controllers) to help with pricing inaccuracies and remedy real-time PnL discrepancies.
- Manage trade flow to ensure all necessary components of the trade workflow receive pertinent trade, account, and investment related information
- Corporate action reporting to Equity Ops, traders and booking within GENEVA.
- Ownership and maintenance of firm’s internal Account manager that houses account information for all funds
- Participation in the month end close process, ensuring that GENEVA is accurate for month end reporting
- Assist in the performance of special projects and strategic initiatives for Management
- Legal/Compliance requests for regulatory inquiries and filings – also short state management and coding of limited products
- Role requires candidate be a self-starter who can identify time-sensitive problems and formulate resolutions effectively
This role will have exposure to a number of departments including risk, legal, compliance, trading, stock loan, financial reporting and tax.
- Ideal candidate will solve day to day issues and take a proactive approach to improve the process and create greater efficiencies
- 0-2 years’ experience in financial services
- Have strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team and take direction
- Attention to detail, thorough and organized
- Effective multi-tasker, possesses a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize accordingly
- Trustworthy with sensitive information;
- Working knowledge of Advent Geneva or Murex and Bloomberg/Reuters is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Education: Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Engineering or related discipline