GTO Funding Utility Manager (VP)
Summary/Overview of role:
This management position is part of the GTO Funding Utility, specifically focusing on Futures / Listed Derivative / OTC / Fixed Income / Equities funding activities. This area specializes in all aspects of cash and collateral management relating to exchange related funding requirements, Tri-Party transactions and their corresponding funding activities. Manager will be responsible for all Operational Funding strategy and system architecture development.
Importance of the role:
The GTO Funding Utility is responsible for managing and developing firm treasury, funding and margin solutions for Listed Derivatives, Fixed Income and Equity activities.
In this rapidly changing regulatory, interest rate and credit risk environment, the GTO Funding Utility is well placed to respond to regulatory proposals and provide solutions to optimize our returns within the new framework.
The GTO Funding Utility is responsible for building a team, systems and processes to optimize the inventory and liquidity of the businesses, build solutions in the treasury space allowing our clients to trade in a more cost effective manner, provide transparency over the effectiveness of the function and set transfer-pricing levels to allocate revenue/loss across businesses driving collateral requirements.
The primary management responsibilities of this role are:
- Treasury management of US and foreign currency nostro accounts
- Represent our client in front of Regulatory Agencies (CTFC, SEC, etc.) and other regulatory panels / forums through the changes proposed by the Dodd-Frank Act
- Involvement in various Treasury projects
o Drive and participate in projects that require change to the Clearing processes through significant enhancement of the current systems or through the delivery of the future state clearing systems as part of a team of senior members of Derivative Operations.
- Represent our client on various industry committees such as the FIA, SIFMA, ISDA, etc.
- Manage daily functional responsibilities including
o Settlement of all US Futures Exchanges, foreign branches and carry broker accounts
o Elevate and resolve any disputes with Counterparties on a timely basis
o Support traders with the operational process of Futures, Fixed Income and Equity products
o Reconciliation of all Nostro and loan accounts
- Monitor and report “Key Performance Indicators” to senior level management
- Attend MRP meetings to represent Fixed Income Funding Utility in identifying financial risks and exposures
- Key stakeholder in all projects and initiatives related to Tri-party Reform, Balance Sheet Substantiation and Funding related development
- Responsible for compliance with industry regulated business activities
- Must have 7+ years of prior experience in Cash Management and comprehensive knowledge of Futures’ Industry Treasury and Margining functions, Fixed Income and Equity products
- Experience in the following products:
o OTC (Interest Rate, Credit or FX) and Listed Derivatives (Futures & Options), Fixed Income products (bonds, repo, etc.), Foreign Exchange, Structured Financial products and Risk Management. Experience in back office processing flows and/or Accounting and Regulatory Reporting (in order to support IFRS).
- Ideally have knowledge of Clearing houses as well as an understanding of the current/recent industry trends that have been driving the Client Clearing space (CME, ICE, LCH, IDCG etc.)
- Strong regulatory knowledge
- Strong accounting skills
- Ability to drive change strategically and move business forward while maintaining transparency.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal groups to ensure efficient business flow
o Must proactively communicate and collaborate with multiple sources to analyze needs, constraints and functional requirements.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple objectives and work under time-sensitive deadlines
- Client service oriented
- The scope of the role is limited only by the capacity of the individual to add value. Flexibility and a willingness to engage in a wide range of issues at all levels of detail will be vital
- Ability to function well independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills