Credit Risk Officer Job - Energy & Transportation in New York
Risk Officer for the Energy & Transportation Finance portfolio is a challenging job in a dynamic and international environment.
In this role, incumbent will play an important role in the Analysis & Decision-making process of credit proposals introduced by the businesses Energy & Transportation. This includes: Ship Finance, Intermodal Finance, Offshore (Drillships, FPSO financing), Oil & Gas Upstream and Midstream Finance.
You will analyze non-standard and complex credit requests introduced by Energy & Transportation. In the analysis you will take into account the proposed financing structure, the creditworthiness of the client, the fundamentals of the specific sector and consistency with the global credit policy of the bank. Based on this analysis you present your advice to a credit committee that will take the credit decision.
You will be involved in pre-wash discussions and represent credits in discussions with commercial staff and/or a client. Moreover you may monitor part of the credit portfolio in an autonomous and pro-active way. You are invited to take initiatives towards risk management to preserve the interests of the bank.
You will be working with a team of dedicated credit professionals.
Desired Skill Set:
You are analytical, eager to learn, open minded, have an international focus and you are definitely risk aware. You work quickly, thoroughly and professionally.
We are looking for a risk officer with the following skills and qualifications:
- University/MBA education level.
- Developed knowledge of financial and qualitative analysis and evaluation of cash-flow projections.
- 3 to 7 years of banking experience with (preferably) a credit risk background acquired in the business and/or at a risk department in an international setting.
- Excellent communication-, interpersonal- , writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines.
- Team player with flexible attitude and good communication skills.
- Delivery of prudent and accurate work.
- Proficiency with modern PC applications.