IT Help Desk Job
This IT help desk job candidate will be part of a small team of technicians that provide basic infrastructure administration and on-going day to day support. The hours of coverage are currently 8am until 6pm. The help desk job cadidate will be required to work within the 10am until 6pm time slot (under normal circumstances) but could be called upon to work outside of those hours periodically.
Specifically, the position is required to provide First and Second level Helpdesk Support.
IT Helpdesk Level II
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Input and track issues in a timely manner on Bank ticketing platform (BMC Service Desk Express). Escalate to Head Office and manage issue to resolution when necessary.
– Ensure all local systems are operational on a daily basis to the branch.
– Co-ordinate the new hiring or changes of user accounts. Candidate will be responsible for the creation, modification and deletion user accounts for various systems (Active Directory, Lotus Notes, Citrix)
– On boarding of new hires. Prepare desktop and telephony equipment (Nortel telephones, Blackberry) for new hires or moves.
– Hardware upgrades, repairs and troubleshooting.
– Software installation and troubleshooting..
– Maintain and track all desktop equipment inventories.
– Secondary Backup Operator.
– Provide IT reporting and control review.
– Support role will cover two sites (NYC) and Queens.
– Work with security access systems.
– Meeting room preparation for video conference or audio video presentations.
Ideally the candidate should possess at least two or more of the following certifications, MSO, MCP, MSCA , A+, NETWORK+, MS Degree / Certificate in MIS.
Strong written, verbal and communications skills.
Ideally have appropriate experience (i.e. at least 3 years in working in a high volume Networking environment.) However, we would consider an entry level candidate with the appropriate educational background. Should have thorough knowledge of Intel x86
PC based computers hardware maintenance and repairs, Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server. Microsoft Office 2003 or higher, Lotus Notes r8, Internet browsers, Citrix Client, FTP servers, basic understanding of banking and trading systems (Bloomberg and Reuters), TCP/IP, WINS, DNS concepts, firewall/router/proxy concepts.
General Knowledge of Nortel phone systems.
Knowledgeable in Ethernet topologies including working with hubs switches, firewalls, routers, CSU/DSUs, CAT 6e patching.
Understanding of PBX phone systems and phone wiring blocks, cable management, PC upgrades and troubleshooting, HP printer installation and repair.
Audio Video equipment setup.
Support upper level technicians.
Manage multiple tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
Have experience in LAN and Security issues.
Experience database administration a plus.