Information Technology Security Job
The Horizon Group is seeking professionals within the IT industry. This specific job opening in for an information technology security specialist. The information technology security specialist safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
Information Technology Security Job Duties:
– Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
– Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
– Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
– Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
– Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
– Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
– Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
– Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
– Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
System Administration, Network Security, Problem Solving, Information Security Policies, Informing Others, Process Improvement, On-Call, Network Troubleshooting, Firewall Administration, Network Protocols, Routers, Hubs, and Switches