Information Technology Auditor Job
IT Auditor Job Description:
Overall responsible for planning and performing audits of general system and application controls, IT processes, project management and data integrity in liaison with business audit specialists. Leverage knowledge of systems and data to participate in the planning of IT integrated audits, e.g., for finance, risk, operations, markets and compliance. Document all reviews and findings in a manner consistent with Head Office Global Audit’s standards; ensuring that audit results and analyses are objective and well documented; performing follow-up on audit issues and performing special audits or assignments as requested. Contribute to Global Head audit planning to reflect local requirements and risks and liaison with Global Head Unit Internal Audit, local Management, Regulators and External Accountants.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of the Risk Assessment of the audit universe and development of the Audit Plan that correlates with the Risk Assessment in conjunction with the annual Global Audit assessment and planning exercises.
- Participate in the planning of audits to include identification and evaluation of objectives, inherent risks and controls.
- Perform systems/applications, integrated audits and project management reviews
- Execute internal audit procedures and develop audit workpapers and internal audit reports reflecting the results of work performed
- Follow-up and perform validation of remediation activities to ensure control issues are effectively resolved.
- Stay abreast of best practices, laws, rules and regulations impacting financial institutions and ensuring that the changes are incorporated into the independent assessment process performed by Internal Audit
- Report audit findings and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations and reducing costs.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the members of local Senior Management, the heads of the business and service units and staff.
- Ensure that audit work conforms to Global Audit policies and procedures.
- Perform special reviews or projects if necessary.
- Assist Global Head Unit Internal Audit at other locations for specific audit projects, if appropriate
- To audit new product processes and new systems development from an independent audit perspective.
IT Auditor Job Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform / participate in audits in the organizational and functional areas of a foreign banking organization operating in the US. This requires:
- Sound International Banking business understanding and knowledge which includes best practices and banking laws, rules and regulations
- Proficiency in German regulatory practices helpful
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Information Systems
- Professional designation (CISA) preferred
- Ideally, five years organization or equivalent work experience with foreign banking
- General banking knowledge
- Solid understanding of general application controls including change management, information security and project management
- Strong project management and analytical skills to conduct audits
- Ability to work independently and in audit teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
- Be able to leverage knowledge of systems and data, e.g. to participate in the planning of IT integrated audits for finance, operations, markets and compliance
- Working knowledge of regulatory environment and applicable banking regulations impacting foreign banks
- Proficiency in MS-Office Products and hands-on experience with auditing software (e.g. data extraction and analysis software)
Decision making authority of responsibilities:
- Determining and assessing risk
- Prioritizing control issues
- Recommending viable solutions