Global Macro Portfolio Manager Job
Prestigious Asset Manager has a role available reporting to/working with the CIO for an experienced trader/portfolio manager from either a hedge fund or asset manager to deliver on developing a portfolio with a macro approach.
Take risk, and lever capital. Additionally this experienced professional will join the investment team responsible for all deliverable strategies and will have ample opportunity to contribute investment insights in asset classes on active macro economic strategies in areas including but not limited to: global tactical asset allocation, emerging market macro, active currency and commodities, equities, rates, bonds, credit and or volatility, and as a result see your strategies used throughout the firm in other funds and portfolios.
- Apply your market knowledge and insight. Stay on top of relevant market and industry news.
- Developing trading strategies based on econometric and fundamental concepts.
- Contribute alpha generating investment ideas – drivers of asset returns, optimal portfolio construction, and efficient acquisition of exposures.
- Interact regularly with researchers and portfolio managers throughout the headquarters and branches responsible for other asset classes.
- Routine portfolio management responsibilities include: review of model investment recommendations, evaluate portfolio construction, portfolio rebalancing and trade list generation, analyze exposures & performance, evaluate trading strategies & transactions costs.
- Common contributions include: identify and develop systematic drivers of asset returns, incorporate new market insight, identify and react to non-model investment opportunities and risks.
- 3+ years of portfolio management or other relevant experience.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Performance driven, passionate about investing, fundamentally curious.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of and aptitude for macroeconomics, international finance and modern portfolio theory, as well as sharp investment instincts
- Strong econometric skills and related forecasting techniques
- Ability to deliver in a high performance culture operating under time-sensitive deadlines
- Detail oriented with an ability to produce high-quality work with a high degree of accuracy
- Confidence to challenge, be challenged and ability to persuade colleagues in the pursuit of excellence
- CFA preferred. (but not necessary)