Global Clearing Margin Process Job
The Clearing Margin Process team has a significant role to play in the development and support of Clearing for OTC derivatives. Along with forming a fundamental part of the new legislation in many countries, the requirement for OTC Derivatives to be cleared via a Central Clearing Party has operational implications for the whole of the company, particularly Collateral Management.
The CMP team works closely with Clearing Houses, Clients and our Business Sponsors to develop requirements for these new processes, resulting in margin statements, balance sheet management, firm balancing, client service and interfaces both up and down stream.
The key responsibilities of the Clearing Margin Process role are:
Systems Integration Leadership
- Working with the RTB and CTB teams, ensure all global UAT responsibilities for the RTB team are carried out and completed on time
- Participate in the review of BRD’s to ensure our requirements are clearly stated and understood by CTB
- Together with CTB ensure BRD’s are updated as and when new information or requirements are presented
- Act as point of coordination to ensure all areas of CMP are aware of testing, schedule and requirements
Global CCP Onboarding
- Review Asian and European CCP start ups to collaborate with regional teams on requirements and service offerings (Dealer to Dealer and Client Clearing)
- Create process and controls for all new CCPs coming on line
- Represent CMP in industry and internal meetings for these various streams and be able to opine/decide for the group
- Budget, headcount and resource planning
Coordination of Global Initiatives
- Review and actively participate in creating Asset Utilization process and various aspects of interest and charge calculation
- Coordinate global client statement requirements to ensure consistency across model for clients who deal with different CCP’s
- Work to implement global operating model allowing for clients to clear on any CCP while facing off to their regional support model.
Required Skills and Experience
- Entrepreneurial attitude, innovation, flexibility and willingness to learn are key for this role.
- 4 year degree in business related subject preferred.
- 5-10 years experience in derivatives or fixed income processing, or equivalent investment banking expertise.
- Knowledge of Derivatives products and margining is a plus.
- Knowledge of Clearing Margin processes is beneficial.
- Ability to build partnerships with stakeholders and global colleagues.
- Analytical & problem solving skills, process knowledge & control skills, knowledge of financial instruments.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills with good client focus.
- Root cause analysis & problem solving skills.
- Motivated and positive attitude.
- Reputation for excellence.
- Strong decision making and leadership skills
- Ability to assess where escalation is required.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, is essential.