Financial Control Operations Job
Leading a team of approximately 300 staff, he/she will partner directly with global business leaders in support of the bank’s continued growth plans for Global Markets in the US. The Global Markets business includes both cash and derivatives activities spanning Fixed Income Securities, Repos, FRA, IRS, IR Options, MBS, CDO, CDS, ABS, Loans and Structured Credit, including Commercial Real Estate.
Our client is a robust middle office function and product control functions including daily risk and P/L, daily and month-end financial accounting, Balance Sheet control and RWA support. This leader will maintain key service-oriented relationships with the Global Markets business and other service partners (i.e. operations, technology, risk management and finance). Additionally, he/she will build, scale, maintain and continuously improve our client’s operating model, focused on advancing the processes, systems and capabilities to support the expanding and increasingly complex needs of the growing Global Markets business.
This individual will provide strong “hands-on” leadership to our client’s services team across three broad dimensions:
- Ensuring our client’s Global Markets trading operations are sufficiently robust and scalable to support the continued growth across its sophisticated, active client and proprietary strategies;
- Proactively working with Global Markets’ business leaders to anticipate their ongoing investment support needs; and
- Providing the controls, oversight and regulatory insight necessary to support the responsible and sustainable growth of the business.
Accordingly, he/she will be responsible for the following:
- Assessing the current state of credit business services and prioritizing key areas for improvement and development; including:
- Financial Product Controls
- Daily P & L
- Management Reporting
- Risk & Reporting Compliance
- Regulatory Mandates
- Select Project Management
- Consistently identifying sources of complexity and seeking technology enabled/ process-enhancement solutions, which have long-term relevance and scalability.
- Constructively working with the Global Markets professionals to support their investment and trading strategies while also ensuring the area’s overall operations maintain integrity (i.e., minimizing “work-arounds” and exceptions).
- Anticipating the downstream impact of new regulatory mandates in order to deliver an industry leading service response that is both compliant and a source of competitive advantage for Global Markets in the US. This includes helping to facilitate an understanding of new regulations and their impact to the business, as well as implementing new processes and procedures, as required.
- Participating in industry forums that will help to shape and react to the regulatory environment.
- Overseeing, measuring, and managing overall risks against the backdrop of robust and rising daily trading volumes.
- Assessing the client’s team, managing the development of staff and evolving roles and responsibilities, as required, to support a new business model.
- Instilling a discipline of continuous improvement.
- Managing the development and monitoring of budgets.