Equity Research Associate, Consumer & Specialty Finance Job
The Horizon Group is seeking a candidate for our client’s equity research associate, consumer and specialty finance job. The research associate will initially focus on helping the senior analyst launch coverage of stocks in the Consumer and Specialty finance sector. The research associate is expected to be proactive and able to work in a dynamic environment while operating under tight time constraints.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Developing and updating earnings models and other financial models for companies under coverage.
– Maintain and updating spreadsheets of economic and other data used in research reports; this will include macroeconomic data and securitization performance data.
– Assist in writing research reports and notes.
– Keeping track of relevant breaking news for covered companies/sectors and relaying it to the senior analyst.
– Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as accounting, finance, economics or engineering; MBA preferred
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word; can create charts, tables and macros.
– Knowledge of statistical tools including regression analysis
– Minimum one year of equity research experience or experience in a similar analytical field (such as investment banking or consulting)
– Experience in analyzing asset backed securities and/or unsecured debt securities
– Excellent analytical and writing skills
– Well versed in various valuation techniques – Discounted Cash Flow, Residual Income modeling