Credit and Collateral Associate – Commodities
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
– Daily interaction with account management, risk management, cash management, commodity trade services (LC department), loan operations, commercial support (department preparing legal security documentation) and above all the client.
– Independently assess payments client wishes to make by:
-administering the intraday collateral position in Oasis collateral monitoring system by creating / removing collateral or liabilities;
-approving new deals / payments IF within mandate of current CPF (Credit Proposal Form) and within margin calculated by Oasis system;
-requesting account manager to ask risk management and/or credit committee for special approval before approving new deal/payment when you deem necessary.
Monitor Collateral by;
– analyzing and interpreting the current collateral (stock/invoices/Bills of Lading etc) positions in Oasis
– assessing the bank’s exposure and providing timely alerts to relevant parties of adverse developments or deterioration in the risk profile;
– providing clear and concise insight to account- and risk management into the client’s position with the bank.
Education and Experience
– Bachelor degree, preferably with an Economics, Finance or related major.
– At least 3 years of relevant commercial / commodities banking experience.
– Working knowledge of relevant physical commodities markets (Oil, petrochemicals, metals and steel), hedging techniques and trade flows.
– Experience with evaluating borrowing base reports.
– Strong, proactive problem solving and communication skills.
– Teamplayer with a strong client focus and risk awareness.
– Good commercial, analytical and communication skills.
– Proactive attitude, flexible, a critical thinker and results driven.