Credit and Collateral Associate – Agricultural Commodities
Job Title: Credit & Collateral Specialist – Agricultural Commodities (AVP)
The Horizon Group is searching for a credit and collateral specialist with a focus on agricultural commodities for one of our international banking clients located in New York, NY.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily interaction with account managers, risk management, loan operations, credit support (department processing legal security documentation) and above all the clients.
- Independently assess client financing requests by:
- Administering the intraday collateral position in Oasis system by creating / removing / adjusting collateral or liabilities
- Analyzing purchase structures and calculations
- Approving new deals / payments if the request is within mandate of current Credit Agreement Overview and sufficiently collateralized as calculated by Oasis system
- Requesting account manager to seek approval from risk management and/or credit committee for special financing prior to C&CM approval
- Monitor collateral by:
- Analyzing and maintain the current collateral (stock/invoices/Bills of Lading etc) positions in Oasis
- Managing physical stock position and clearing positions
- Assessing the Bank’s exposure and providing timely alerts to relevant parties of adverse developments or deterioration in the risk profile;
- Providing clear and concise insight to account managers and risk management into the client’s position with the Bank
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree, preferably with a degree in Economics, Finance or related.
- At least 4 years of relevant commercial / commodities banking experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant physical commodities markets (agri, energy, petrochemicals, metals and steel), hedging techniques and trade flows.
- Clearing knowledge
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Transactional financing structures including the associated documents, condition and associated risks