Global Technology (GT) Business Analyst Consultant
The Horizon Group has a consulting opportunity for a Global Technology Business Analyst in New York. This assignment will run for 6 months. Take a look at the job description below. If you think you are a good fit for this consultant gig, please apply online.
Global Technology Business Analyst Job Description:
The technology teams supporting Compliance develop and manage systems that are used by Compliance officers to control and monitor adherence to regulatory policies, standards, and processes. The portfolio covers Anti-Money Laundering, Trade Surveillance, Control Room, and Position Monitoring functions.
Compliance protects the bank by:
- Advising on ethical conduct and identifying regulatory solutions;
- Safeguarding integrity and reputation; and
- Promoting, in partnership with the business, a culture of Compliance.
The Infrastructure GT team is focused on strengthening GT’s partnership with its clients to establish and maintain optimized portfolios of work across all areas of the organization, while ensuring GT continues to deliver strategic, high quality solutions, in a timely and effective manner.
A business analyst is required to support the Employee Compliance and Control Room Re-Engineering GT teams. The teams are focused on defining and developing new systems to ensure employees meet their compliance responsibilities and to manage and monitor the effectiveness of the bank’s information barrier.
The role of Business Analyst is vital to determining what successful, high-quality delivery looks like and ensuring that the technology teams have delivered on this. It is a highly visible role, communicating with employees on various levels within our client group and the other areas of IT.
- Gathering, verification, analysis, and documentation of business requirements.
- Data and systems analysis to support documentation and understanding of the current-state.
- Gaining client and IT sign-off of requirements documents and specifications by conducting walkthroughs, presentations, and formal reviews.
- Perform reviews and provide feedback on documentation produced by other Business Analysts.
- Drive and deliver initiatives to improve the team’s analysis processes, methods, and documentation.
- Work closely with the development teams to develop functional specifications and help develop technical designs.
- Ensure that development teams and management have a clear understanding of business priorities.
- Plan, script, manage, and execute acceptance testing
- Plan and execute user training on new systems.
GT Business Analyst Job Requirements:
- Previous experience working as a Business Analyst in a technology team in a financial services organization (preferably an investment bank).
- A good knowledge of equity or debt products, preferably though the whole product lifecycle.
- Knowledge of the key responsibilities of an investment bank’s Compliance department (preferably including Control Room and Position Monitoring / large shareholding disclosure requirements). Experience of Compliance, public / private side interactions, and particularly information barriers surveillance using the Actimize platform will be an advantage.
- An in-depth understanding of business analysis (including knowledge of at least one requirements management / modelling tool) and with the ability to select the right tools / methodologies for a given task.
- Experience of writing test strategies, plans, scripts, and cases.
- A good understanding of the technology product and project lifecycle.
- The ability to work effectively with all levels of clients and IT stakeholders up to and including director.
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Systems and data analysis skills, including SQL and desktop data analysis tools. Any data modelling / warehousing experience would be an advantage.
Other Key Requirements:
- Able to plan, own, and run a portfolio of analysis tasks.
- Flexible, able to organize and prioritize your own.
- Able to identify and interpret stakeholders needs and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A strong critical thinker with creative problem solving skills.
- Able to work with remote stakeholders and team members.