Compliance Manager Job
The Horizon Group is continually searching for qualified Compliance Managers for our jobs located in New York based corporate banks. Although this particular job may not be open at the moment, this is typical of the job descriptions that we receive from our clients. If you are interested in a compliance manager job, submit your resume. If you are qualified for the position, one of our recruiters will reach out to you.
Oversee all Compliance activities and affairs of the bank. Ensure and enforce Compliance with regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures. Establish and maintain a Compliance program and Compliance-training program for Branch officers and employees.
Compliance Manager Job Duties:
U.S. laws and regulations:
- Monitor compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations of the United States.
- Liaison for all SAR and other Regulatory Reporting emanating from compliance violations.
- Monitor compliance with applicable Federal and New York State laws and regulations.
- Conduct regular compliance reviews of those areas affected by regulations.
- Keep abreast of changes in the law and new regulations through compliance seminars, conferences, compliance committees, external training and publications.
- Coordinate and develop plans to implement applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinate and/or conduct periodic training in areas required by the regulators and in other compliance-related areas as deemed necessary.
- Implementation of the Money Laundering Prevention Policy of the group according to the General Provisions on Money Laundering Prevention.
- Support implementation of measures against Fraudulent Activities according to the General Provision on Fraudulent Activities.
- Development and maintenance of process descriptions for all activities of the New York Branch relating to Compliance.
- Carrying out appropriate, regular intervals risk assessments concerning compliance risks of the bank.
- Provide Head Office Compliance with at least monthly reporting as well as with the annual Compliance Report covering all compliance issues, developments and emerging regulations applicable to the bank’s activities according to the Head Office reporting guideline.
- Liaison with CCO in relation to and monitoring of employee trading in line with the internal guidelines
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in financial services compliance
- JD, MBA, CPA or equivalent is preferred, 4 year college degree is a minimum
- Familiar with current banking regulations and good sense of industry best practices
- Excellent negotiating and inter-personal skills
- Should be solution driven, confident, highly motivated and organized team player
- Experience at a government agency, regulatory, compliance, or business capacity at a large bank a plus
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Visio, Power Point, Prime Compliance Suite, SWIFT, eGifts, GiftsEDD).
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)