BSA / AML Compliance Officer Job
The Horizon Group is continually looking for qualified BSA / AML Compliance Officers for our banking clients located in New York, NY. Although this particular job may not be open at the moment, this is typical of the job descriptions that we receive from our clients for BSA / AML compliance positions. If you are interested in a BSA / AML compliance officer job, submit your resume. If you are qualified for the position, one of our recruiters will reach out to you.
The primary objective of the Compliance Officer is assist the CCO in monitoring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations for anti-money laundering (AML), financial crime and financial fraud. The Compliance Officer function also includes monitoring employee securities trading, prevention of insider trading, management of conflicts of interests and market abuse.
In addition, under general supervision of the Head of Compliance, the Compliance Officer will provide a broad range of routine legal, professional, technical and administrative support services to the Region.
- Tracking, and implementing compliance for all, relevant laws and regulations applicable to the Group’s businesses especially USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, anti-money laundering, suspicious activities reporting, anti-bribery laws.
- Monitoring the branch’s customers for suspicious activity, including Low, Medium and High Risk customers, employee’s securities trading, etc.
- Implementing and establishing policies, procedures and processes the enhanced fully aligned with existing or new U.S. standards (inter alia Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC requirements).
- Maintaining an adequate and comprehensive compliance program, including reviewing and editing forms, policies, procedures, plans and controls.
- Ensuring compliance with specific US regulations concerning IT systems, policies and procedures.
- Conducting research of individual regulatory-related matters (i.e., practices, proposals, etc.), identifying and communicating regulatory compliance, deficiencies or potential problems, and providing guidance in the development of alternative solutions or implementation of corrective action.
- Providing written responses (as applicable) to inquiries of a regulatory nature, supporting analysis, conclusions and recommendations upon well-investigated and documented research of regulatory requirements.
- Assisting in transactions involving legal or compliance issues, as well as the investigation and evaluation of special situations at the request of the Head of Compliance.
- Maintaining Department’s processes, files, correspondence, databases, records, certificates, and logs and enforcing the Department’s policies and procedures.
- Assisting the Head of Compliance and Human Resources Head in developing and presenting new training programs.
- Perform periodic assessments of the Bank’s compliance risk using Bank methodology.
- 5 to 7 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Securities Law Compliance or Fraud Compliance helpful.
- JD preferred.
- Prior experience as a Compliance Officer at a Bank within the US.
- US regulatory knowledge, project experience.
- Professional designation (CAMS) preferred.
- Working knowledge of regulatory environment and applicable banking regulations impacting foreign banks.