BSA / AML Compliance Auditor Job
The Horizon Group is searching for a BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance officer that will be responsible for the execution of the BSA/AML/ OFAC and regulatory compliance audits. This person will provide support or manage additional audit activities in the areas of finance, operations, risk management and treasury/trading.
The BSA/AML Compliance Auditor will be responsible for execution of AML/BSA audits; providing subject matter expertise and oversight for AML audits, regulatory compliance audits and other audit activities as assigned. The position requires an extensive knowledge of BSA/AML and OFAC banking laws and regulations and background in controls or audit best practices.
- Assist in the development of the risk assessment for the audit universe and development of the Audit Plan that correlates with the Risk Assessment.
- Carry out the planning and execution of the BSA/AML & OFAC audits within the context of the Branch.
- Perform and support audits in the areas of finance, risk management, operations, and trading/treasury activities.
- Follow-up and perform validation of remediation activities to ensure control issues are effectively resolved.
- Staying abreast of laws, rules and regulations impacting financial institutions and partnering with Corporate Compliance to ensure the regulatory risks are properly identified and mitigated with the business lines, and ensuring that the changes are incorporated into the independent assessment process and implement best practices; drive change within the internal audit and the firm to strengthen the BSA/AML & OFAC framework.
- Report audit findings and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations and reducing costs.
- Maintain effective working relationships.
- Ensure that audit work conforms to Global Audit policies and procedures.
- Perform special reviews or projects if necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform / participate in audits in the organizational and functional areas of a foreign banking organization operating in the US.
Sound International Banking business understanding and knowledge which includes best practices and banking laws, rules and regulations, e.g. in respect of BSA/AML & OFAC compliance issues.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Business Administration
- Professional designation (CIA, CAMS) preferred
- Ideally, five years organization or equivalent work experience with foreign banking
- General banking knowledge
- Extensive experience working with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering
- Ability to work independently and in audit teams
- Working knowledge of regulatory environment and applicable banking regulations impacting foreign banks.
- Proficiency in MS-Office Products and hands-on experience with auditing software (e.g. data extraction and analysis software)