Growing investment management firm has immediate need for Junior CLO Portfolio Manager/Trader
The individual will be responsible for:
- Assist Portfolio Manager/Trader manage all purchases and sales of securities.
- Assist in the assessment credit and interest rate risks embedded in the securities. This includes asset analysis, cash flow models and stress analysis.
- Assist with all processes for monitoring the term portfolio, including compliance monitoring; stress modeling analysis; watchlist write-ups; interaction with collateral managers; interaction with trustees; interaction with rating agencies.
- Evaluate the credit quality of the portfolio and manage embedded risks. Establish tactical portfolio management strategies.
- Recommend asset allocation, asset selection, curve exposure and duration position for the total return portfolio.
Job Requirements / Skills
- Position requires extensive knowledge of CLO structures and strong quantitative/modeling skills
- Advanced – 1 – 3 years of buy-side fixed income deal underwriting experience with special emphasis on CLO – experience as a CLO structurer, trader, or analyst.
- Highly developed analytical and modeling skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and oral skills.
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong modeling and quantitative skills on multiple technology platforms.
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg and INTEX / CDO modeling systems.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance or quantitative discipline