ABS Finance Job
– You will be responsible for the identification, structuring, underwriting and execution of various types of asset-backed transactions in the warehouse phase through the ABS Finance platform. From time to time, you may also have to assist and work on the take-outs related to such transactions in the term execution phase. You will be expected to interact and negotiate with several external constituents (clients, attorneys, trustees, auditors, all other service providers) in closing such transactions. You will also lead manage a variety of tasks from mandate to close, including but not limited to, preparation of pitch books, term sheets, management and adherence to transaction time and responsibility schedules, conducting due diligence reviews and running and managing the legal documentation process for all such opportunities. You will also be responsible for conducting market research and various other ad hoc projects for entry into new markets.
– For asset-backed exposures held by the Bank, you will be expected to work together with senior credit professionals and internal legal counsel to seek the necessary approvals for new and existing transactions that require commitment extensions. You will also be expected to give direction to analysts and associates in the transaction execution process and for the ongoing transaction and portfolio management functions once a transaction is closed. This would include leading and managing the monitoring and surveillance activities of the bank’s on-book asset-backed portfolio, in order to detect any adverse credit trends of both the asset risk and the client (originator/servicer) risk.
– The primary geographic area of coverage will be the United States, however from time to time may also include Europe, Asia and Australia.
– Undergraduate degree in business (Masters degree would be preferred) and have a proven academic performance record along with a minimum of 5 years of related work experience
– Asset class experience should include: infrastructure assets, consumer assets, commercial assets, transportation assets, esoteric assets
– A high level of personal motivation
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills
– Sound judgment and analytical thinking
– Self-sufficient and comfortable working independently and also as part of a team environment
– Willing to take on significant responsibility while meeting stringent deadlines, producing high quality work with significant attention to detail
– Ability to lead and guide junior members of the team