SENIOR INVESTMENT ANALYST
Our client is a leading player in structured direct lending in New York City providing secured asset-based financing and liquidity to specialty finance companies. Established over a decade ago by former Wall Street executives, the firm has been successful in extending credit and structured financings backed by loans, receivables, holdings as well as other forms of collateral. Comprised of professionals with extensive experience in the securitization events-chain, they are currently seeking a senior analyst to work directly with their Head of Credit as the firm continues to expand.
Senior Analyst will analyze a variety of complex structured products to identify sound investment opportunities in both the primary and secondary markets. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Research and analyze collateral, originators and structures for structured direct lending opportunities
- Produce written reports including structured product evaluations, quarterly updates, and credit memos
- Analyze and model various types of financial assets and business opportunities
- Act in a professional manner with a desire to explore and employ a strategic, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset with an interest to go into details.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic qualifications.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar environment, preferably at a “buy-side” institution
- Strong communication skills, a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior management and a track record of individual initiative
- Intellectual curiosity, willingness to learn with keen attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Excel cashflow model development as well as Powerpoint
- Excellent presentation skills through written, mathematical, and verbal proficiency.