SENIOR ASSOCIATE - STRUCTURED FINANCE
The Horizon Group is searching for a Senior Associate – Structured Finance for one of our clients located in New York, NY. Our client is a New York based multi-strategy commercial real estate (CRE) investment platform that originates and securitizes Agency, CMBS and Bridge senior mortgages, invests in subordinate debt including mezzanine loans, B-Notes and preferred equity, and opportunistically buys CMBS tranches including B-pieces & performing & distressed whole loans. With 50+ years of collective debt and equity experience, the key members of the firm have originated and closed in excess of $30 billion of CRE investments.
They seek a Senior Associate for its Structured Finance group. The candidate will be responsible for sizing and underwriting commercial real estate loans including bridge loans, mezzanine loans, B-Notes, preferred equity and structured equity investments, B-pieces, and other high yield real estate debt products.
JOB SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Size and underwrite investments, compile and analyze information regarding the borrowers, markets, and properties being financed.
- Interface with borrower and brokers to obtain necessary documentation required for loan file.
- Maintain loan file, applicable checklists, and any items needed to be distributed to borrower.
- Review and analyze items received to ensure file is accurately documented to perfect security interest.
- Assemble data and other information for special reports, charts, summaries and related documentation.
- Order and review third party reports.
- Provide in-depth credit and financial analyses, market research and due diligence on debt and equity investment opportunities.
- Prepare detailed valuation, sensitivity models and return analyses in the underwriting of potential deals.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Prepare underwriting narratives and loan credit memorandums that meet the Company’s investment objectives.
- Present deals to credit committee.
- Work with legal and closing department to incorporate business terms into the loan/ancillary documents and post-closing obligations. Review loan documents.
- Work with the team to present underwritten deals to warehouse line providers.
- Work with the team on securitization and CLO matters including but not limited to generating tapes, updating asset summaries, responding to queries from rating agencies, accountants and investors in connection with the securitization or sale of loans.
- Work on due diligence for B piece acquisitions.
- Assist with market and loan research, CoStar database pulls and loan analysis when necessary.
- Conduct other projects and duties as assigned to support senior staff and the management team of the Company.
JOB SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, real estate, or related discipline preferred.
- 4-6 years of commercial real estate loan sizing, underwriting, credit analysis and lending experience in various property types.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Argus, Bloomberg, CoStar and Reis software experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Superior analytical and presentation skills
- Exceptional ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
- Strong client/customer focus.
- The ability to work independently with minimal direction, take initiative, and exercise good judgment at all times.
- Some Travel required.