Investment Associate / Financial Analyst Job
The Horizon Group is seeking an investment associate / financial analyst to assist in the administration of the office and the communication to customers and all related parties. Our client is located in Queens, NY. The associate will be responsible for establishing a professional "first contact" for people interacting with the investment department. The candidate will work closely with the Chief Investment Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT OPPORTUNITY
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION BUT IS FOR A CANDIDATE WITH 1-2 YEARS EXPERIENCE.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills:
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Database management experience
- Ability to interact with board members, staff and customers
- Problem solver; strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexible, able to adjust to meet deadlines
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Directors with the maintenance of computer files and preparation of materials.
- Gather data and coordinate/prepare materials for board meetings.
- Aggregate data that describes portfolios, manager performance and customer inquiries.
- Be the central point of contact for interdepartmental communication.
- Assist with scheduling and organization for the Directors, including travel and expenses
- Undergraduate Degree with a high GPA, preferably with exposure to economics, finance, math or science.
- Corporate office experience
- Aptitude for and interest in markets, investments and people.